Curling at Newton Pond, Wormit
Curling on the top pond in Tayfield 1950s. Small clubhouse on lower pond in the background. Newport plumber John Barlow, and Mrs Barlow, at left of photograph.
Curling Club badge, showing a game in progress on the lower pond, plus the little clubhouse.
Board used to alert Curling Club members that the ice at Tayfield curling ponds was firm.
The menu and programme for the Curling Club centenary dinner in 1958. Inside is a lovely wee caricature of the club council members, drawn by Jack Morton, burgh surveyor for 26 years.
The toast list from Curling Club dinner in 1892.
Curling Club dinner in Blyth Hall. Dinners were held annually in The Blyth Hall, the Newport Hotel, Tayside Tearooms, or the Seymour Hotel. In the second photograph, John Barlow, Newport plumber, is 3rd from right, and next to him is Bill Grieve.
Curling Club Prize-giving 1980
Curling Club prize-giving in Blyth Hall c. 1980
Curling at either Tayfield, St Fort or Scotscraig.
Framed acknowledgement of ending of over 100 years of outdoor curling on Tayfield land. Presented to the Berry family in 1977.
Ice hockey team playing on the frozen pond at Tayfield c. 1966.
Curlers at the curling ponds in Tayfield 1980.
Wonderful photograph of skating on top pond at Tayfield in early 1960s.