Two advertisements for Collie's garage and vehicle hire, early 1900s.
An advertisement for JT Young, Motor Engineer, probably 1920s.
Illustrated address of welcome for Queen Elizabeth (later Queen Mother) on her visit to Newport in 1950. It was designed by local artist William Haeburn-Little.
Tickets for Wilfred Pickles Have a Go radio show, recorded in the Blyth Hall in the 1950s. Running from 1946 until 1967 the programme was always one of the most popular shows on radio.
Thank you certificate sent to Mrs George Motion of Newport for taking in evacuees.
A well travelled prescription, issued in Newport, then stamped on the reverse in Newcastle, London and Bombay! Prescription issued by Chalmers the chemist.
Copy of the charter granting Newport's coat of arms in 1956. This framed copy was made by Jack Morton, Burgh Surveyor, 1948-1975.
These pictures depict just some of the many coaches passing through Newport in the early 19th century.
Newspaper report from the Fifeshire Journal (transcribed) about a fatal coaching accident in Newport on 3 March 1836, leading to the death of Alexander Kidd, a wright.
The menu and programme for the Curling Club centenary dinner in 1958. Inside is a lovely wee caricature of the club council members, drawn by Jack Morton, burgh surveyor for 26 years.
The toast list from Curling Club dinner in 1892.
Walter Fearn's Dunkirk Rescue Certificate.
A poem entitled Country Churchyard, written about Forgan in August 1896 by Mrs Blyth Martin, well known for gifting the Blyth Hall to Newport. The poem is signed at Blyth House, now 72 Tay Street.
This shows information provided by Forgan School to the Government in answer to a questionnaire in 1838. It gives details of numbers of pupils etc.
This is the official certificate of thanks given to households who took in evacuees during World War II. This photo mentioned in the caption is of the Squibb family of Queen Street who were presented with this certificate.
A receipt and advertisement for James Jack and Sons, Plumbers, 1957. The business began in 1880 in the High Street, and moved to Union Street in 1890. In the early 1900s, a showroom was opened in premises adjacent to Harp Cottage, Tay Street (in 2020 Little Beehive Nursery), while the workshop remained in Union Street.
Diet sheet showing the rations the Mars boys received. The diet was limited and unvarying, carbohydrate heavy but sustaining. No emphasis on five a day in those days.
Miss Pilkington died on 14 January, 2002 at the age of 100. She was given the Freedom of the Burgh in 1970.
Miss Pilkington was one of only two people to become Honorary Burgesses and to be awarded Freedom of the Burgh. She was given this honour by Provost Soutar on 9 October 1970. Miss Pilkington lived latterly at Whincraig, Norwood, but from the 1900s to the 1940s the Pilkington family lived at St Fort House. The other ...
Business card of Murray Russell, much respected headteacher at Wormit School 1949 - 1976 approx.
In 2018, Newport and Wormit in Bloom achieved silver gilt awards in the annual Beautiful Fife campaign run by Fife Council.
A fascinating account from the Dundee Masonic Lodge of the ceremony of the laying of the foundation stone of Newport pier 1823.
Newport Railway timetable showing trains between Dundee and Tayport. In 1956 there were 22 trains each way each day.
Long time Newport resident, Henry Burnett shares his memories of Newport and Wormit shops.