An explanation of the origins of Wormit Boating Club. Note that the club moved to Woodhaven in 1971, with the new clubhouse being built the following year.
Advertisement for J T Young's Motor House, probably 1940s.
A wide range of shops and services being advertised here in St Thomas' Church magazine of 1961.
An analysis of Trinity Church written in 1995 by student Helen MacGregor.
The general store in the High Street celebrated 50 years in business in 1984, and this leaflet was produced to advertise the celebrations.
Advertisement for Betsworth and Barlow plumbers. They operated from premises on the north side of the High Street. The business started in 1894 and continued under three generations of Barlows until it closed in the 1970s.
A selection of programmes from Blythe Players shows from 1950s and 1960s. The Blythe Players put on their shows in the Blyth Hall and performed favourites such as Agatha Christie’s The Hollow (1959) and Charley’s Aunt (1964). They had developed from the Congregational Church Drama Group of the 1940s and they would eventually combine with the ...
The menu and evening programme for the coming-of-age in 1956 of Andrew Mylius. Andrew Mylius is the great-grandson of Henry Stewart who built St Fort house, and he still lives at St Fort farm. By 1956 St Fort house was no longer habitable, and the celebrations took place at Knockhill House. Knockhill lies just to ...
Congregational Church Centenary Service of Worship leaflet. Service held on 28 April 1968 to celebrate the Centenary of the building of the Church 1868 - 1968.
The Council organised gas cookery demonstrations in coronation year 1937.
An early advertisement for Doig the Chemist in Robertson Place, Cupar Road.
Forgan Parish Church 850 years 1124 - 1974. Fund-raising gift day envelope 15 September 1974.
Forgan Parish Church Women's Guild programme of meetings 1969 - 1970.
Forgan Parish Church Order of Service for service on 15 June 1924 celebrating the Octo-centenary of the church 1124 - 1924.
Forgan WRI Syllabus Card 1969.
In 1964 Forgan WRI entered the Top Town national drama competition.They reached the final and eventually won. The final was hosted by Inverurie Musical Society. This was the programme for the event.
The programme from the evening celebration in November 1907 of the golden wedding of Mr and Mrs William Buist. In 1875 William Buist started his joinery business at Woodhaven Pier. It would be continued by his grandson Willie Rankine and great-grandson Sandy Rankine until Sandy's retiral in 1990.
Leaflet outlining the history of Sandford House.
A leaflet detailing the history of St Mary's Church.
Advertisement for James Jack and Sons plumbers. They were in business in Newport from the 1880s. They had a show-room on Tay Street, and work-shop on Union Street.
Leaflet giving details of the arrangements for the last sailings from both Newport and Dundee.
Article from Mars Mainsheet, Wormit Boating Club’s newsletter, about the raising of the Mars mooring anchor.
Samuel (Sam) Guttridge was music teacher and organist at St Thomas' Church for some 30 years from the 1920s until the 1950s. He lived in Kilnburn. Here we have a leaflet giving details of his arrangements for music lessons both in Dundee and Newport.
Two programmes from the Newport Choral Society in 1896 and 1909. They held rather grand events in the Blyth Hall at which evening dress was encouraged! Their ambitious shows and concerts earned them glowing reports in the press. Sadly, the departure of many of the male singers on the outbreak of World War I led ...