The Blyth Hall in the 1920s. The drawing was produced to demonstrate the paint shades that would be used in redecoration! However it's much more interesting for us now as it shows off the magnificent roof that was hidden with a false ceiling in 1974. Note also the ornate plaster-work around every window, which is ...
Images of coaches similar to those passing through Newport in the early part of the 19th century.
A painting by Helen Wallace of the railway bridge over Cupar Road just before the small turn-off leading up to dual carriageway. The bridge carried the line from East Newport into Tayfield estate, and it was demolished in 1980s.
A drawing of Newport High Street in the snow, around 1950, showing Gilchrist the Baker, Morrison the Butcher, and Beatt and Tait, Family Grocer.
A drawing showing the High Street just after the turn of the century.
This drawing of the High Street shows Gilchrist the Baker in the corner shop, and Beatt and Tait, Family Grocers, just along the road.
Drawing of old Newport Post Office opposite the pier. Beyond the Post Office are the mission hall and the Brig o' Tay.
The Victorian school at Wormit was on the corner of the current school site, situated close to Riverside Road. Houses are now on the site.
Framed drawing of Sandy Rankine's joinery workshop in Woodhaven.
Examples of local wildlife artist, Len Fullerton's work.
Apologies for the quality of this image. It's rather strange we know, but definitely worth telling the story. It's a painting that was spotted in a charity shop in a village near Brighton. The painting was simply entitled Gas Lane, Newport. The lady who spotted it took a photograph and sent it to the Old ...
Framed painting of the pier smiddy.
Watercolour painting of East Newport from East Newport Station platform, taking in view of St. Fillans Church (demolished in 1979) and looking towards Woodhaven and the Railway Bridge by Hilda Allan ( 1916-2004), wife of Alexander Allan.
Painting of Mr William and Mrs Isabella Blyth Martin, on show in the Blyth Hall.
A fairly quiet day at the pierhead in 1950s.
Lovely painting of the Seamills Smiddy done by Robin Don. The Dons were the last blacksmiths to work in the smiddy.
Coloured drawing of St Fillan's Church done by Harry Vincent in 1978.
Drawing by Harry Vincent in 1985 of St Thomas Church, now Newport-on-Tay Church of Scotland.
A series of pictures representing the new bridge in operation, the Tay Bridge Disaster and the aftermath.
Framed painting of terrace of houses on West Road, Newport
Drawing by Keith Robson of the pack-house at Woodhaven harbour. The pier at Woodhaven belonged to St Fort Estate and the pack-house was where goods going on board ships as cargo would be weighed and measured, and the necessary dues charged. On the right is the memorial to the ex-Mars boys lost in World War ...
Drawing of Trinity Church at the bottom of High Street. The church was opened in 1881 and closed in 2016.
Lovely view looking upriver from Gowrie Hill above Woodbine Terrace. Painting by Harry Vincent.
Two paintings of Wormit Bay by local artists. The first is by Helen Wallace and the second by C Smith. They both feature the salmon-fishing bothy which has undergone restoration in 2020.