A close-up photograph of the Scotscraig with the new road bridge under construction in the background.
A construction worker on the temporary bridge ignores a passing Fifie.
A selection of ferry tickets for the Fifies. Various dates.
The Abercraig with East Newport in background.
Not strictly Newport, but the photograph shows the Abercraig at the Craig Pier Dundee with traffic starting to disembark.
Photograph of the Abercraig ferry at Newport pier.
A very early photograph of one of the Fifies, probably the Dundee, which operated on the crossing from 1875 until 1917.
Lovely view of the B L Nairn powering her way over the river. The top deck is busy with passengers enjoying the blustery conditions, and the car deck is well filled too. The B L Nairn was built at the Caledon Yard in Dundee, and was in operation from 1929 until the ferry service ended ...
B L Nairn at Newport pier. The B L Nairn was in operation from 1929 until the service ended in 1966.
Wonderful photograph of the B. L. Nairn ferry at Newport pier.
Postcard entitled 'Evening on the Tay'. In the foreground is the old pier at the bottom of Granary Lane.
"Farewell to the Fifie" - a poem by John Duncan of Kirkcaldy
Good photograph of the Abercraig in mid-river heading for Dundee. The Abercraig was in operation from 1939 until 1966 when the ferry service ended.
The B L Nairn in mid-river heading for Dundee. The B L Nairn was in operation from 1929 until 1966 when the ferry service ended.
Lovely image of the B L Nairn. There seems to be some sort of activity going on at rear of boat, but not sure what! The B L Nairn was in operation from 1929 until 1966.
Clearly some sort of special occasion on the Sir William High. The William High was built at the Caledon shipyard in Dundee and was named after Lord Provost William High. The ferry served on the crossing from 1924 until 1953. After the provost's knighthood in 1929 the ferry was also given the title Sir. Perhaps ...
An evening crossing by the Fifie, quite probably the B L Nairn.
Newspaper article about the last employees on the Tay ferries.
The pier at Newport around 1840, with the steamship Union. Tayfield House is in the background and Seamills Cottage is the only other building still standing. Also visible is Chapel House on the left, and the Seamills beyond the pier.
A model of the B L Nairn ferry. One of the most loved of all the Fifies.
Newspaper article - "Newport thanks the men of the Fifies."
Detailed drawings of the B L Nairn showing the deck plan and the profile. The B L Nairn was built at the Caledon shipyard in Dundee in 1929.
Detailed drawings of the PS Newport showing the deck plan and the profile. The Newport was built at the Caledon shipyard in Dundee in 1910 and was in operation on the crossing from 1910 until 1939.