This was the family car of the Rankine family, joiners at Woodhaven. In the 1937 fancy dress procession to celebrate the Coronation of King George VI, the car was transformed into a fire tender from 1860! Being bright red, the car was the ideal colour. Here the car is seen in Windmill Park where all ...
1977 Junior Midlands tennis team coached by George Dignan at Waterstone Crook sports dome.
Photograph of the Newport Air Cadets at camp at Middleton St George in County Durham in 1959. This was their first camp. At first the cadets met in the Congregational Church hall before having their own hut built in Victoria Street. Their hut was replaced with a new one in 2019.
25th Anniversary, Ladies Bowling Club. 1976.
333 Squadron was born as No. 1477 Flight Squadron Coastal Command. The Norwegian flag was raised at Woodhaven on February 8 1942. The first Catalina PBY aircraft, Vingtor, arrived ten days later. It was joined by Jossing and the squadron consisted of the two Catalinas and fifty Norwegians. Woodhaven was chosen because of its relative ...
A photograph of four of the troop surmounting a summit on one of the regular Scout camping and hill-walking trips to the Angus Glens.
Photograph of the Newport and Wormit Scouts in 1954, with Scoutmaster Ed Hart. Photograph taken in the old Scout HQ down at Woodhaven pier, in what had previously been the Mars sheds.
A close-up photograph of the Scotscraig with the new road bridge under construction in the background
A derelict West Newport station after its closure in May 1969.
A construction worker on the new Road Bridge ignores a passing Fifie
A photograph of one of the floats in the village procession for the coronation.
A group of Newport lady bowlers, 1930s
A group of lady bowlers at Newport in the early 1960s
A large group of lady bowlers at Newport in the early 1960s
A selection of ferry tickets for the Fifies. Various dates.
One of the submarines based in the Tay before World War I. In this photograph, beyond submarine 49, these extensive gardens, outbuildings and glasshouses all belonged to Seymour House, then the newly built private house of John Adam St Quentin Leng (son of Sir John of Kinbrae) and family, later the Seymour Hotel and now ...
These photographs show scenes from from A Tennis Racket, a fund-raising show put on by Wormit Tennis club in 1956. The show was presented in the Wormit West hall on Bay Road, and it was intended to raise money in support of the recently re-formed Wormit Tennis Club. We also have a programme from the show, and another photograph ...
The Abercraig with East Newport in background.
Not strictly Newport, but the photograph shows the Abercraig at the Craig Pier Dundee with traffic starting to disembark.
Photograph of the Abercraig ferry at Newport pier.
Abercraig, the first house on the river side of West Road, travelling west, was built as the dower house for the Berry Family.
A photograph taken from one of the Norwegian flying boats during World War II. It shows the area between James Street and Robert Street. Showing clearly are the old Royal Buildings and the tenement houses all the way up Robert Street to Union Street. The large block on the south side of Union Street is ...
Framed aerial photo of East and West Newport, 1960s.
An aerial photograph of East Newport, showing the extensive grounds of the then Seymour Hotel, with its sign on the river bank.