Postcard showing the Fifeshire steam ferry. The Fifeshire was in operation on the crossing from 1858 until 1929, an astonishing 71 years.
The Fifies "Scotscraig" and "Abercraig" moored at Dundee, decorated with bunting prior to their last sailings on 18th August 1966.
Photograph of Scotscraig and Abercraig ferries laid up in Dundee harbour after the closure of the service in 1966. Both ships would eventually end their days in Malta.
The Scotscraig off East Newport. Note the old Royal Buildings, St Fillan's Church, old granary and burgh yard - all now gone.
The ferry "Scotscraig" on an evening crossing from Dundee, probably around 1960.
Great view of the Scotscraig crossing to Dundee. In the background is the the new Tay Road Bridge, which would be opened in August 1966. The temporary bridge is clearly seen below the bridge.
Photograph of the ferry Sir William High.
Postcard of the Sir William High ferry. The Sir William High operated on the crossing from 1924 until 1953.
A framed list of fares for crossing the Tay on the ferry from 1961.
The Abercraig approaching the Newport ferry pier with a clear Dundee in the background.
The Abercraig moored at Newport pier.
The Abercraig with a glimpse of the rail bridge in the distance.
The Captain on the bridge of the B.L. Nairn on one of the last ferry crossings of the Tay, 1966.
A photograph of the crew on the last crossing of the Tay prior to departing the Newport pier.
Photograph of the Dundee approaching Dundee. The Dundee was in operation on the crossing from 1875 until 1917.
Out on deck as the Fifie heads for Newport.
The last sailing of the Scotscraig on 18th August 1966. Note the many vehicles on the new road bridge and how heavily laden the Scotscraig was on this poignant day.
The Scotscraig photographed from the Abercraig.
Framed ticket for the ferry saloon.
An unusual view showing the car turntable on board the Fifie.
Cars queuing for the Scotscraig ferry at Newport pier.