This was the family car of the Rankine family, joiners at Woodhaven. In the 1937 fancy dress procession to celebrate the Coronation of King George VI, the car was transformed into a fire tender from 1860! Being bright red, the car was the ideal colour. Here the car is seen in Windmill Park where all ...
1977 Junior Midlands tennis team coached by George Dignan at Waterstone Crook sports dome.
Photograph of the Newport Air Cadets at camp at Middleton St George in County Durham in 1959. This was their first camp. At first the cadets met in the Congregational Church hall before having their own hut built in Victoria Street. Their hut was replaced with a new one in 2019.
A derelict West Newport station after its closure in May 1969.
A construction worker on the new Road Bridge ignores a passing Fifie
A photograph of one of the floats in the village procession for the coronation.
A group of Newport lady bowlers, 1930s
A group of lady bowlers at Newport in the early 1960s
A large group of lady bowlers at Newport in the early 1960s
A selection of ferry tickets for the Fifies. Various dates.
One of the submarines based in the Tay before World War I. In this photograph, beyond submarine 49, these extensive gardens, outbuildings and glasshouses all belonged to Seymour House, then the newly built private house of John Adam St Quentin Leng (son of Sir John of Kinbrae) and family, later the Seymour Hotel and now ...
The Abercraig with East Newport in background.
Photograph of the Abercraig ferry at Newport pier.
Abercraig, the first house on the river side of West Road, travelling west, was built as the dower house for the Berry Family.
In the 19th and first half of the 20th century, permission to walk in Tayfield grounds had to be obtained and tickets were issued. This example dates from 1840.
Advertisement in the 1924 Guide to Newport for Chalmers the chemist, whose shop was at the pierhead from 1897 to 1940s.
William Doig the chemist advert from 1924 Guide to Newport.
Newspaper advert asking for homes for evacuees in Fife.
A poster advertising a coach service that passed through Newport on its way from Dundee to Edinburgh, and operated from 1842-1848.
Advertisement for J T Young's Motor House, probably 1940s.
An advertisement for JT Young, Motor Engineer, probably 1920s.
A wide range of shops and services being advertised here in St Thomas' Church magazine of 1961.
Adverts for three local businesses, taken from the 1924 Guide to Newport.
A photograph taken from one of the Norwegian flying boats during World War II. It shows the area between James Street and Robert Street. Showing clearly are the old Royal Buildings and the tenement houses all the way up Robert Street to Union Street. The large block on the south side of Union Street is ...