A History of the church in Forgan Parish, an account written by the Rev Albert Bogie in 1974, to mark 850 years of the church in Forgan.
Entry in local air raid diary highlighting a bomb at Cliff Cottage, Chesterhill.
Newspaper cutting explaining arrangements in event of arrival of evacuees in Fife.
Not exactly Newport or Wormit, but this is such a lovely group from Balmerino Primary School in Gauldry it would be shame to miss it out.
Six members of the local Artillery Volunteers went to fight in the Boer War (1899 - 1902). They left from Newport Station and James Duncan, Stationmaster, gave them all return tickets. Sadly, only one returned. A memorial plaque to the other five was unveiled in the Leng Chapel of Vicarsford cemetery on 24 May 1902.
George Collie had garage premises in Naughton Road, Wormit, where the blacksmith is situated. He hired cars, taxis and charabancs, and ran a connecting bus service to the train in Wormit and the ferries in Newport. This photograph shows the charabanc at Balmerino, with the Balmerino Inn in the background.
The menu and evening programme for the coming-of-age in 1956 of Andrew Mylius. Andrew Mylius is the great-grandson of Henry Stewart who built St Fort house, and he still lives at St Fort farm. By 1956 St Fort house was no longer habitable, and the celebrations took place at Knockhill House. Knockhill lies just to ...
Curling at Newton Pond, Wormit
A photograph of the doctors's inspection of the Mars boys on their arrival at the granary at Elie harbour in 1912.
Walter Fearn's Dunkirk Rescue Certificate.
The disastrous fire of 1910 which almost destroyed the original Sandford Cottage.
Photograph of participants in a pottery class at Forgan Arts Centre, which was opened in the former Forgan School after it closed in the early 1970s.
John Grant from the children's television programme Jackanory, drew pictures for an enthralled group at an exhibition of children's books held in Forgan Arts Centre.
A news cutting describing the opening exhibition at Forgan Arts Centre in 1974.
Two newspaper cuttings referring to the Forgan Burns Club. The first one from July 1925 reports on the Forgan Burns Club sports day, held in the sports field adjacent to Forgan School. The second cutting, from January 1928, reports on the club's annual Burns Supper and Dance, held in Forgan School.
A view of the 'new' Forgan Church, opened in 1841. In 1981 the congregation united with those of St Thomas' and St Fillan's churches and Forgan Church closed.
Forgan Parish Church 850 years 1124 - 1974. Fund-raising gift day envelope 15 September 1974.
Forgan Parish Church Women's Guild programme of meetings 1969 - 1970.
A poem entitled Country Churchyard, written about Forgan in August 1896 by Mrs Blyth Martin, well known for gifting the Blyth Hall to Newport. The poem is signed at Blyth House, now 72 Tay Street.
Forgan Parish Church Order of Service for service on 15 June 1924 celebrating the Octo-centenary of the church 1124 - 1924.
Postcard view of Forgan in early 1900s showing Forgan School and the school-house.
Forgan School Group early 1950s
Forgan School probably in early 1900s.
This shows information provided by Forgan School to the Government in answer to a questionnaire in 1838. It gives details of numbers of pupils etc.